The trip will be guided by U.S. Coast Guard Licensed Captains and a crew members to ensure the best fishing success possible during the trip. Their research and knowledge of the salmonoids and Lake Michigan aid in their ability to produce successful catches given almost any condition. During your trip with Big Daddy Charters LLC we will be fishing the waters within Lake Michigan’s southern basin for king (chinook) and coho (silver) salmon along with steelhead, brown and lake trout from April – June, starting in mid June we will move our vessel to our northern port of Algoma, WI where we will continue to target Salmon and Trout through October. The daily catch will be somewhat specific to the season and the targeted species. Your trip includes a five fish with no more than two lake trout limit per person.
Fish with Friendly, Experienced, Knowledgeable Guides!
You will always be guided by a U.S. Coast Guard licensed Master Captain and a crew member to ensure the best fishing success possible during the trip. Our Captains and the crew are friendly, personable, and determined to provide you with the best Lake Michigan salmon and trout fishing available. Our Captains and the crew members have more than 30 years of salmon & trout fishing experience from both on and off-shore. The staff is also children friendly and enjoy the opportunities to share the experience of salmon and trout fishing charters with the next generation of anglers. Quite honestly, they really enjoy fishing with everyone!
What to Bring on the Trip
- Sunscreen is a must. It does not matter what time of the year, cloud cover, fog, or whatever the weather conditions may be; the UV rays seem to always be present on the water.
- Soft Soled Shoes such as sandals, tennis shoes, boat or deck shoes. Please NO boots – we have a non-slip deck.
- Rain Gear is extremely important in the early and later part of our fishing season when the weather is unpredictable.
- Camera you may need proof to back up those fish tales or to record a trophy fish.
- Food and Drink – we do not supply food or beverages on our boat. However, you bring whatever you’d like. We’ll make room for your cooler.
- Cooler with Ice to preserve your catch during your travel home.
- Fishing License is required of every angler on-board the boat. We do sell 24 hour sport-fishing licenses on the boat.
- Identification will be required for credit card payments and to purchase fishing licenses.
Below are additional items you may consider:
- Although Lake Michigan is typically a tolerable lake; if you are susceptible to motion sickness, we recommend that you consider an anti-motion sickness medication.
- Please do not wait to reach the dock before you take it. Take it as directed.
- Bug Repellent – during the summer months mosquitoes and flies may be present.
- Layered Clothing is particularly important during the early and later season. We can experience what “feels like” 40 degree changes in temperature while on the water.
- We have floatation vests along with the required Type I personal floatation devices (PFD). If you are not comfortable on the water without your own PFD, please bring it.